Monday, October 23, 2006

It rained quite unexpectedly, but I enjoyed it

You know, it rained today, here at Pune. The October heat had been punishing in its intensity so far, and the respite given by the rain gods was quite welcome. Just as it began pouring, I went downstairs to unlock my bike and leave it out in the rain, so it could get washed. I got drenched in the process of course, but then, being with you for two years has not been a period devoid of learning.

I have learnt to appreciate the beauty of rains in this city - the intensity, the aftermath, everything. I have only heard you describe your love of the rain - how, contrary to a lot of others' feelings for it, you actually enjoy watching the downpour; how, instead of making you feel depressed by its gloominess, it actually enlivened you - so much so that once you went out with your niece and danced in the rain, but I can visualise your happy laughter. I am not similarly talented in the department of dancing, having, as I do, two left feet, but if I could, I would have because I actually celebrated the rain today - the first time in a long, long time.

For you, I hope that, wherever you are, you are blessed with a man who understands and cherishes you, and a warm home. Of course, having your home located in a beautiful area, with someone indulging you everyday with your morning cup of "chai", newspapers, furniture with upholstery matching the house's decor - these would be nice too. I hope you're really, really happy, and get everything you wish for, because you deserve nothing less than that.

Occasional, torrential rains shouldn't hurt either.

No comments: