Sunday, September 27, 2009

Strange Google logo

I saw this

googlle

on the Google search results page today. Notice what’s unusual?

No? There are two l’s instead of just one. What was even more weird was this:

googleresults

Again, did you notice the options on the left? I’ve seen this in the list of features introduced through Google Experimental, but on the main search results page? Something’s definitely cooking!

What’s up Google?

Update: This is what was up. Thanks to a well-informed reader for the heads up.

2 comments:

Ramaa said...

How highly weird! I tried "jquery dialogue box too" :o :P in the search box because I saw that in your screenshot(no idea at aaall what that is, but) and found only one disappointing L. :( No two l's for me. :'(

The Practical Idealist said...

@Ramaa: Jquery is a Javascript framework - something that makes it easy for web developers to do fancy as well as essential things. I don't know why those two L's appeared in my case. Maybe you could try searching from the search box in Firefox?